Monday 13 October 2014

The Downside of Homemade Nut Milk

Recently I have begun making my own almond milk as a replacement to shop-bought soy milk.  The benefit of making your own is that there are no extra unpronounceable ingredients that may or may not be eventually harmful to my body. It's creamy and yummy.  It goes well in my morning coffee, over cereal, in smoothies, in cooking, or simply by itself. So what you may be thinking is the downside?

Pulp. Lots and lots of almond meal.

I could give it to our duck. I could throw it away. I could dry it out in the oven and use it as flour or I could do this...

Make Vegan Brownies!

I will be trying this as soon as I get some dairy free chocolate in my house!

So the downside on homemade nut milk is that there is no downside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately.
Moderation required to avoid messy spam. Thank you for your patience.